Thursday, April 14, 2005

UK Election 2005

SaneScientist drew my attention to this voting survey. The results below are based on my answers to the questionaire. I'm a little surprised at the conclusion as I used to be staunch supporter of Old Labour. So either I've drifted to the Right in my old age (doubtless, influenced by your environment, I hear you say)or the LibDems have become the Left Wing party. Heaven knows where that puts Tony et al. I sense that he's lost the plot. Please note that (i) these results do NOT represent my endorsement of the LibDem party and (ii) in any case I'm a political eunuch as I'm not an American citizen and can't vote in the US, -neither can I vote in th UK as I'm not registered there. More comments on the election will follow in due course.

Who Should You Vote For?

Who should I vote for?

Your expected outcome:

Liberal Democrat


Your actual outcome:



Labour -40
Conservative -23
Liberal Democrat 44
UK Independence Party 9
Green 39


You should vote: Liberal Democrat

The LibDems take a strong stand against tax cuts and a strong one in favour of public services: they would make long-term residential care for the elderly free across the UK, and scrap university tuition fees. They are in favour of a ban on smoking in public places, but would relax laws on cannabis. They propose to change vehicle taxation to be based on usage rather than ownership.

Take the test at Who Should You Vote For

No comments: