Sunday, February 12, 2006

Martial Musings

Iaido
The author performing sword kata.

Previously I've alluded to the fact that I've practiced aikido and iaido (the art of sword drawing) on and off for years. Currently I attend West Seattle Aikikai, a smallish but pristine dojo which is conveniently located for home and work. I don't inted to make this a martial arts blog as (i) I fear I might cheapen these wonderfully dignified and fulfilling activities if I discuss them too often in adjacent company to some the more frivolous topics on this site and (ii) there are already some excellent, dedicated, aikido and iaido/kendo blogs including Dai Kyo Soku Kei, Mingshi's Kendo Blog and Uchideshi (see also sidebar) and I don't feel I can cover the subjects in the same detail. However I will contribute the occasional post as appropriate.

Watch this space for more details...

No comments: