Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Frogs Croaked

Half price
Half Price? You'll be Lucky!
Thanks to reader, Gilly, for providing this snap.

Sorry, gentle readers, for the paucity of posts but I've had my nose to the grindstone on several large projects. Grant writing, the scourge of the scientific community, has kept me nailed to the floor. And what time I've had for recreational writing has been devoted to another project -details to be revealed soon (hint may involve Minis).

Anyway I have to comment on London's successful bid for the 2012 Olympics. A great result. The celebratory scenes and atmosphere remind me of the 1966 World Cup victory.

I generally avoid bashing the French but I love this pic, especially after Chirac's obnoxious comments about British cuisine and Mad Cow disease at the weekend. Definitely some karmic influence in play, I think.

Actually I didn't think London had a hope. And they want to build a stadium in Stratford (to American readers this is the one in the East End of London and not to be confused with Shakespeare's birthplace, Stratford-upon-Avon) -it's a compliment to call it a dump. I can't imagine how much money will be poured into the region to fix it up. Perhaps I should sit back and watch the price of my flat go into the stratosphere.

No comments: