Sunday, September 06, 2015

The Best Coffee Shop in the Universe

There is no better place than the Pannikin to sip your coffee or vanilla tea au lait but don't be too ambitious about what you want to achieve with your laptop as there is no wi-fi.

The best coffee shop in the universe? Who knows! But the Pannikin in Leucadia, San Diego county, is certainly my favorite. Nestled between historic Highway 101 and the Pacific Ocean, this charmingly rustic place has been serving the good people of North County since 1968 and me since I discovered it 1987. Indeed I fully blame the place for my addiction to vanilla tea as it was here I got hooked sometime in the late Eighties. The only thing I don't recommend is the "Keith Richards Special". I sampled this fulminating brew of chocolate syrup and Lord-only-knows-how-many-shots-of-espresso once and turned into a gibbering speed freak for the rest of the day. Anyway I'm here visiting my offspring so I guess I'll have a double macchiato and a blueberry scone to start the day. Ciao!

PS I note that the establishment is owned by one Amanda Morrow. No close relation but the appreciation of good beverages is surely deep seated in our genes.

No comments: