Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Musical Postcards: My Brother's Keeper



My Brother's Keeper, a superb 10 piece funk band from Grosse Pointe, MI, cover the Commodores' 1977 classic, Brick House, at the The Mix, Seattle.  "Concert for Victor's Victory" was a benefit for 7-year-old Victor who is fighting bravely against a rare form of brain tumor known as DIPG (diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma). Donations to help Victor can be made through Paypal at the Concert for Victor's Victory page on Facebook.  The excellent Skip Barnes, owner of my former Mini Cooper is on bass (after a decade of correspondence, it was great to finally meet you, Skip)  -sadly I don't know the names of the other band members.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Dr John - It was a pleasure to finally have lunch - after all of the years :) THanks for helping the cause as well. Now I've been to Seattle to see you - your turn :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Dr John, on so many levels. It was good to finally have lunch, now it's your turn :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Dr john - On so many levels :) It was a pleasure finally having lunch with you in Seattle. Your turn! I'll need help with the Mini...

Mad Dog said...

It was great to see you Skip: I'll get lunch next time. Loved the band, too. Just let me know what I can do to help with the Mini...


Unknown said...

Ah... So the comments DID show up :) Sorry I repeated myself!