Next year in Monte Carlo...
It's now six weeks since The Rally and it's well and truly over. The Mad Dog team has decided that we'll compete again in 2009 assuming we can obtain some sponsorship. A timelines chart has been compiled and we have another month off before work starts for next year. So all that remains now is for me to thank all individuals and organisations that helped us in any way in 2008.
Special thanks go to:
- Our primary sponsors, Mini Sport Ltd. of Padiham, Lancashire, UK, and particularly Chris Harper, for their confidence in us.
- Piper Cams, Folkestone, Kent, UK, for providing our camshaft and ancillary bits.
- Jim & Juliette Wirtz (Sammy, too) and Stefan Sittner, all of the Luxembourg Mini Club, for their superb devoted efforts as our service crew.
- John Griffin of the London & Surrey Mini Owners Club, also for sterling service work; Griffy was a last minute addition to the team and his presence turned out to be invaluable.
- Neil Huband for Halda repair and advice above and beyond the call of duty.
- Marilyn Connell for all graphics work (Marilyn, sorry to say but we'll need a new team brochure soon).
- Deb Richards for incomparable hospitality.
- All friends, family members, wives and partners who allowed us to partake in this adventure and supported us throughout.