Thursday, May 31, 2007

Bad News

With Janine  March 1972
With Janine at Cardiff University Rag Ball, March 1972.

I have posted previously about a friend from undergraduate days and more latterly a hero of uncommon stature. Janine was an incredibly buoyant, optimistic person whose love for life was totally infectious. Sadly, I had an email from her husband last week so say that she had lost her 15 year battle with breast cancer. Today is her funeral and in a small way I’m paying tribute the passing of one the most sparkly, positive and brave individuals I’ve had the privilege of knowing. She leaves behind husband John, daughters Helen and Claire as well as new grand-daughter Freya Jane; they will all miss her terribly. The absence of her occasional chirpy emails in my inbox will also leave a void. Tonight I will raise a glass in memory of an exceptional person and one of life’s “good guys”.

No comments: