Monday, May 16, 2005

Top Tottie's Toxic Terror

Property ladder
Today I'm going to break my rule about writing only one post in a 24 hour period as the topic below is too good to miss for a cheap opportunist like me. And furthermore if I save it until tomorrow I'll alienate all those of you who come here looking for stories on Mini Coopers.

This story has just appeared on the BBC News website. It seems that the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) and the Co-Operative Bank have been trying to draw attention to environmental toxins. To do this they tested the blood from a panel of public figures for over a hundred different chemicals including nasty halogenated hydrocarbons, organophosphate pesticides and so forth. So guess who was the winner? Why none other than the lovely Sarah Beeny who has featured extensively in these pages over the last week or so. The unfortunate Ms Beeny had 30 different chemicals in her blood. No details of her clinical chemistry profile were published so we can only speculate how she came to be in this state of profound pollution. Perhaps she's been exposed to asbestos in dodgy old properties (I really hope not) or she's got mercury poisoning from eating too much shellfish? No mention was made of silicone...

Alright, that's it. I promise. Two weeks ago I'd barely heard of this lady and now she seems to be omnipresent. It's funny how things go.

Mini story tomorrow unless World War III breaks out (perhaps I shouldn't tempt fate)!

No comments: